Sunday, July 12, 2009

Turkish Coffee

I was a little disappointed this turned out so good. Our experimentation results so often in good food at home that I am running out of places to ask my husband to take me. I love to cook, but I also equally love to get out of dishes.

Once we got the recipe tailored to our liking and ate it with a piece of Baklava -- I suddenly had less of a reason to go out to the little Mediterranean restaurant I love.

Buy coffee from a place you can grind it, there should be a Turkish coffee setting. This is very fine. Also grind granulated sugar in your blender. I like raw sugar for this best.

Place 2 TBl coffee and 1-1/2 Tbl ground sugar in a pan with 2 cups of water and a decent pinch of ground cardamon.

Bring to a boil, remove from the heat. Technically you are supposed to ladle of the crema from the top but I never got any in the half dozen times I have made it.

Retun it to the heat and boil again. Then wait a moment for the grounds to settle, pour very slowly into tiny cups. Do not pour all of it, leave as many grounds in the pot as you can.

Serve hot. Enjoy, but not to the last drop. You will leave the last sip in the cup because of all the fine grounds which remain.

No comments: