Wednesday, August 12, 2009

German Pancake

An easy weekend brunch item is German Pancakes. We serve them with real maple syrup or fresh squeezed lemon juice and powdered sugar. Although my boys have been know to put Tabasco or garlic on them. I don't recommend it.

Put 6 TBL of butter in a 9X13 pan and place in a oven set to 400 degrees.

While the oven is preheating, crack eggs in a blender until you have 1-1/2 cups. (from 6-8 usually). Blend. Add a pinch of salt a TBL of sugar (either brown or white), and pour milk until it reaches 3 cups. (Which is adding 1-1/12 cups)

By now the butter should be melted. Pour entire batter into the pan. Set the timer for 22 minutes and when you return it will have puffed beautifully.

I does flatten so have the table set because everyone oohhs and ahhs and calls out claims on the pools of butter.

I know, I need to post something healthy next.

No comments: