Thursday, October 15, 2009

Convenient Food

The freezer is my favorite time saver. I am including my favorite modified cookie recipe.

This time, after I made the basic batch, I separated it into three sections, added nuts to one and dried cranberries to another. This way, every time I pull a cookie log out of the freezer I have a variation.

Chocolate Chip Cookies:
2 cups butter (sometimes I substitute butter crisco, this makes a softer cookie and is cheaper)
1- 1/2 cup each brown sugar and white sugar
2 tsp vanilla

Cream together. Then add:

2 eggs
4- 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Mix well, then fold in up to 2 bags of chocolate chips. 1 bag of milk chocolate and one bag of dark. (Sometimes I use 3/4 of each bag.)

Separate the dough into piles and roll into logs. Wrap each log in plastic and freeze well. Slice into 1/2 disks and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven approximately 12 minutes.

2 comments:

sariah said...

I am going to try this!

sariah said...

Wow- I think my comment actually posted! The lines of communication might now be open.....