Thursday, October 23, 2008

Simple Fish Patties

This will work with 2 cans of salmon, crab, leftover fish from another meal, or a combination of fish and shrimp that is already cooked.

They are a quick and easy to prepare option when you forget to plan for dinner.

In a bowl place 2 cups of flaked fish
one handful of oats
one small handful of crackers, crush them as you add them to the bowl
2 eggs
1 Tbl lemon juice
garlic powder, salt, black or white pepper, paprika, crushed red pepper to taste
I scoop out about 1/4 cup and fry it in olive oil on a hot cast iron skillet until they are golden brown on each side.

I served these the other night, made with leftover halibut, with rice and some home canned peach salsa given to me by a friend. It was a perfect accompaniment. (Thanks Heather!)

The boys ended up rolling a patty into a sheet of nori and had a wasabi contest.

The funny thing is my honey and I did that years ago when we were dating. (He won.)

No comments: